Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Sworn In
It's official. Geoff was sworn into the Utah State Bar Association last Wednesday. It was a very happy, yet surreal day. Geoff's parents and I drove into Salt Lake to meet Geoff at his office. It was beautiful weather, so we walked over to the Salt Palace, where we thought we were early enough to get a decent seat. Oh no, we were wrong. We ended up being on pretty much the back row, while Geoff was on the front row. Thus, this is the best picture I could get of him when they read his name.
See the guy on the front row? You know, the one in between those two balding guys? Yeah, that's him. I suppose I could have wiggled my way out of our row, run to the front of the room, stood in front of all the Justices, and snapped a shot, but I thought that might be a little too much. Luckily, we got a couple good shots of us outside, where the scenery was much better anyway.
We followed the ceremony up with a nice lunch and then took Geoff back to work. I welcomed him home that night with a little gift basket full of his favorite treats.
So that's it. The schooling/graduating/testing/celebrating/gifting is done. It's been a great few months and I have been so happy to continue to have reasons to give Geoff gifts. It is weird to say Geoff is a lawyer, and no longer a student, but it's a good weird. He loves his job, and he's good at it, which make it even better. Congrats babe!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Congrats! That is a HUGE accomplishment. We are happy for you!
That is so awesome Geoff Congrats! I'm so happy for you!!!
CONGRATS Geoff the Esquire!
Post a Comment