Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Free Democracy

Though we still don't know the outcome of the 2008 presidential election, our day has been a great success. Specifically, as a reward for connecting a couple of arrows, we received free tacos (California Tortilla) and free hot chocolate (Gifford's Ice Cream & Candy). I wish more civic duties had immediate and tangible rewards attached to them. Wouldn't free doughnuts be a great reward for serving on a jury? How about a slice of pizza for filing your taxes?

This just in, the district is blue. Break out the markers, if you are following along at home. Same goes for Pennsylvania. Yippee.OK, markers down for the moment... back to my post. Speaking of jury duty...Morgan had it about a month ago. Neat. Saturday, I received notice of jury duty for the end of the month. What? I thought jury selection was random? I guess since we are not really a state, they can just run the system alphabetically.

3 comments:

Menlove Family said...

Jury Duty?? Doesn't that make you feel like an adult? I bet its fun :)

Sid said...

oh boy- good luck with that-

Morgan said...

Morgan, that is awesome your cousin mixed up our blogs. I've also had people do that on my end...so my apologies if you get random comments from people you don't know.

Good luck with your jury duties. My uncle has lived in D.C. for more than 20 years and he says on average, he gets jury duty every 2 years...good times.