Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I'm a Believer

I've said before that while I like the look of Apple products, I generally think you pay for the looks and not for the functionality. Yeah, I have an iPod and love it, but if Geoff had his way, we would have had an Apple computer years ago. But when our 2nd computer crashed about a year ago, and Geoff was taking the surviving computer with him every day to school, I had no connection to the internet, rarely checked my email, and generally just felt disconnected from the world. Solution? Geoff got me an iPhone for my birthday in December. I immediately fell in love with this gadget. I used it constantly - the gps, the email, I looked up random things on wikipedia while on the go, and of course, made a few calls. So, you ask, how did I become a true believer in Apple products? Well, if you too would like to become a believer, please try the following:

1. Put your iPhone in your back pocket in order to hide the bright light that appears when you unplug it from your husband who is sleeping in your bed.

2. Bend over in front of an open toilet to pick up a towel in the bathroom.

3. Watch said iPhone go for a swim in the open toilet.

4. Panic - dry off any residue with a towel and try to turn the phone off to let it dry out.

5. Search the internet for any solutions to fixing a water-damaged iPhone while watching the phone continually re-boot itself. Come up with no luck on solutions to fixing the phone.

6. Seal the phone in a plastic bag with desiccant bags and leave it alone for 2 days all the while hoping for a miracle.

7. After the 2 days of drying the phone, plug it in to the computer to restore it. Phone seems to be working fine, with the exception of the sleep button no longer working and if you let the phone hibernate, it starts re-booting itself until you plug it back in.

8. Set your phone to never hibernate and come to terms with the situation because it's better than no iPhone. Meanwhile, take pictures of iPhone and accessories and prepare a description to post on eBay. (Believe it or not, water damaged iPhones can go for more than $300 on eBay!)

9. Take a trip to Las Vegas and let the phone vacation in some nice hot, DRY, desert air for a few days.

10. On the plane ride home, try the sleep button once again (out of desperation), and to your surprise - it will work! That's right - your iPhone will be back to its old self. Perfectly functional.

I'm a true believer. Pretty impressive that the phone is back to normal. I'm so happy - I love this thing. How did I ever live without it?

5 comments:

Alicia said...

so after your dilemma Zach was thinking we shouldn't go for iphones in Dec when our contracts with verizon are up. We may be back on the iphone track once again! That's great news.

Sid said...

dito! love the iphone! i have also become a believer. i use the thing constantly! love it! how was vegas? can't wait to see you!

Bridget said...

Wow. That's amazing. Nathan and I both have iphones, both have mac laptops and a mac desktop. We heart apple big time.

Alexis Poelman said...

yay i'm so glad that it works again. miracle. i don't have an iphone, but i'm a coveter of them.

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, in some moments I can reveal that I agree with you, but you may be making allowance for other options.
to the article there is quiet a without question as you did in the fall efflux of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=lyrics manhattan by kings of leon ?
I noticed the catch-phrase you procure not used. Or you use the black methods of promotion of the resource. I take a week and do necheg