Sunday, May 10, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away

The day before Easter, I ran a 10K. I guess we weren't very prepared because the camera battery only had enough life in it to get this one (very bad) picture.
You can, however, tell that it was cold and wet - very wet. Not really how you picture Easter weekend. Well, it's pretty much been raining ever since. We did have about two days a couple weeks ago that we got up into the 90s, but then it started raining again. I've been ready for Spring. Ready to wear short sleeves. Ready to dust off the flip flops. Ready to stop clinging to my rain jacket every time we leave the house. Now, we're two weeks into May - we're getting closer to Summer season than Spring season. I was hoping for some nice, dry, 70 or 80 degree days before the dreadful 90 degree, 90% humidity days, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

In just a couple of days though, we get to pick these guys up from the airport:
We can't wait! We'll be touring around D.C. and then spending a couple days in New York! More on that to come later. Sid and Tone - please bring us some sunshine!

1 comment:

Sid said...

Im hopin for that too! we can't wait. 2 days! I didn't know you ran a 10K! Good job! Will you run with me when i get there! i have to exercise or ill die!