Some catching up to do...
A couple weeks ago, Geoff's firm took us to Snowbird for the weekend. It was one of the hottest weekends we've had this summer so it was really nice to get up the canyon to some cooler temps. It was beautiful and we had a blast getting to know all the attorneys and staff. We had an awesome view from our room at the Cliff Lodge. It was incredibly relaxing.

For the Pioneer Day weekend, we started by heading up the canyon for BBQ Thursday at Ruth's Diner - delicious! Then, I woke up at 4:30am on Friday morning to head to the starting line of the Deseret News 10K. I ran the race with my sister Sidney, and a bunch of her friends. It was really fun because we ran along the parade route in downtown SLC. Geoff and my mom and dad were there just before the finish line to cheer us on.

We left the race, went out to breakfast, and spent the majority of the rest of our day at the pool.

We had a bbq that night and watched fireworks. Just about the perfect day, I think.
Finally, Saturday morning we woke up bright and early to do another hike with my dad. We climbed Mt. Raymond - it was absolutely gorgeous and the wildflowers were out in full force.

Plus, we didn't see a single person on the trail until we were almost done. My kind of hike. Check out the fabulousness in these pics.
We only have a few weeks left here in UT and we'll be spending most of it in the wilderness - camping this weekend and climbing King's Peak the next. Love it!
2 comments:
it was fun! good times! send me the pic!
I'm so bummed I wanted to run this race but my family was out of town. If I knew you were running it I would have asked to join your group. Oh well maybe next time...
Post a Comment