So just as I got all cuddly in bed last night, checked the alarm, turned off the light and closed my eyes, Geoff sits up very quickly and informs me that the fire alarm is going off in our building. I didn't even hear it. Before you judge, it's not that I'm hard of hearing, it's just that, Geoff and I like white noise when we sleep, so we had our fan on the highest setting, and our bedroom door closed. Anyway, we put on some clothes, jackets, shoes, and headed out the door. As we headed down the stairway with all of our neighbors, the smoke got much worse, and the smell - oh the smell. It was awful. I'm pretty sure it was somebody cooking something nasty that must have started burning, but Geoff is convinced someone lit a bag of s*** on someone's door stoop. The smell was that bad. Don't worry, nothing crazy happened, and we were safe and sound back in our beds within about 30 minutes. It was however, pretty cold while we stood outside and waited for the fire trucks to arrive and for the firemen to sort out the mess, and it took us a while to settle back down in our beds and fall asleep. On the bright side, it's always entertaining seeing all of our neighbors and listening to some of their conversations - seriously, it's pretty entertaining.
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Fire Alarm
So just as I got all cuddly in bed last night, checked the alarm, turned off the light and closed my eyes, Geoff sits up very quickly and informs me that the fire alarm is going off in our building. I didn't even hear it. Before you judge, it's not that I'm hard of hearing, it's just that, Geoff and I like white noise when we sleep, so we had our fan on the highest setting, and our bedroom door closed. Anyway, we put on some clothes, jackets, shoes, and headed out the door. As we headed down the stairway with all of our neighbors, the smoke got much worse, and the smell - oh the smell. It was awful. I'm pretty sure it was somebody cooking something nasty that must have started burning, but Geoff is convinced someone lit a bag of s*** on someone's door stoop. The smell was that bad. Don't worry, nothing crazy happened, and we were safe and sound back in our beds within about 30 minutes. It was however, pretty cold while we stood outside and waited for the fire trucks to arrive and for the firemen to sort out the mess, and it took us a while to settle back down in our beds and fall asleep. On the bright side, it's always entertaining seeing all of our neighbors and listening to some of their conversations - seriously, it's pretty entertaining.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
crazy! glad everything is ok!
Glad Geoff was home to save you!!
How exciting!
Speaking of excitement, I bet you guys can't wait to get to the warmth of Costa Rica! I am looking forward to hearing about it, though I really wish you were coming to Australia.
Have fun you crazy kids.
Post a Comment