Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Flooding

A recent trip for work took me back East. 2 trips back-to-back can be hard, and to make it even harder, was that I had to drive from West Virginia to Philadelphia one day. This trip made me a little homesick for D.C. We drove right past D.C., on all the same roads I used to commute on when we lived there. Geoff and I always loved driving through Pennsylvania. It is beautiful - rolling hills, and big beautiful farm houses on vast spaces of land. Like this (granted, taken through a speeding car on an iPhone probably doesn't do it justice):I also spent a few days in Cincinnati during some pretty heavy flooding. We went down to the Ohio River to check out some of the damage. Pretty crazy to see street lights, and no street:It was pretty crazy to see all this flooding, and to see almost all of the Coney Island amusement park under water. We did have a good time driving around and exploring Ohio and Kentucky though. So, I know I don't always go to the most exciting places on my work trips, but every once in a while, I do get to see some interesting things.

No comments: