Sunday, October 28, 2007

Cribs Episode 2

I hope you are sitting down while you read this... not only because it is weird to be surfing the internet standing, but also because we have big news. We finally bought a table! That is right, we no longer have to entertain at a table that is sagging in the middle and held together with tape. On one hand we are mildly sad, we were totally rocking the derelict look... but on the other hand it will be nice to not have to worry that my spilled juice might leak through the "table" to the floor. I know this news may be difficult and you may be saying things like: "but, it was so beautiful," or "one man's trash..." or "that table never 'board' me," but after a syrup incident, it was truly time to move on.

The new table is in our humble opinion, lovely (click to enlarge, but not to much, it is not that big of a table) . It is our first purchased piece of furniture...ever! It was quite a find for us... new furniture at a near D.I. price. High rollers huh?

The chairs may not have backs, but we don't want guests to get too comfortable, plus I was watching H&G and someone told me that chairs with backs are so 2006.

Morgan loves having somewhere to place things like scarecrows (as you can see in the picture), and more importantly candy. It is amazing how much more like a real habitat the house feels after getting something like this.

As for the rest of the week, Morgan worked a night shift which threw both of our bodies out of whack, I had a guest lecture by one of the partners from a firm that represents the tobacco industry (they were the bad guys in the movie The Insider, in case you wondered), and we got to go on a quick date to our favorite Mexican restaurant Cactus Cantina. Here is a picture of it, so you can act like you went there with us. Just picture it with more rain, and at night, and with people there, and with cars on the street.

In news of the efficient, here in DC when you need to get safety and emissions done on your car you have to go into a specific place rather than a local tire shop... when you get there you drive right up to one of 12 garages and they do it drive through style. It is really sweet, 10 minutes in and out. Oh, and you don't even have to pay or anything. I think that the price is included in the registration fee later on, but it feels like you are getting a quick diagnostic for free.

I know that I probably shouldn't be talking about some of the things that Morgan is working on, but since some of you might be curious, she is working on something called a.b.a.t.o. It is pretty complicated, but I figured I would put a picture of the prototype on here (click to enlarge). If she gets this figured out, no amount of sand, ice, or dry land will be able to stop the Fowl Mood.

Guess that is all. Stay classy San Diego. Actually while I am on that topic... San Diego needs to try to stay 'not on fire'. Our hearts go out to our favorite victim of the fire who managed to fake smoke inhalation while watching Winged Migration on a large flat screen. You are such a trooper.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh yeah!!!! I am so so happy for you two to finally have a real piece of furniture!!! I am proud! The new table is darling!!! Well done Biehns!!!

J.C. & Tiana said...

Ok I know how you feel because J.C. will not let me buy a table. He says we don't need one because we have a bar that people can sit at. Mind you we only have 3 stools at our bar so we can only have one person over at a time. But I love the high tables.

Sid said...

Why did you get a new table? I liked the old one better. Oh well guess you feel like you have to keep up with the Jones'. I wish i could come see the place, but maybe after the baby is born we can take a trip to see ya. Well I need to go get Ella ready for the big night!! BARNEY COSTUNE!