Monday, October 22, 2007

Let it Rain

Since Geoff and I have been living in DC we have never seen it rain. A few drops here and there, but no real rain. And it has not been cool either. It's been extremely warm, breaking records every day. It's still in the 80's and it's almost Halloween! I don't think I remember a Halloween where I didn't have to wear sweats under my costume. It might actually happen this year. So, what could we do to make it rain? Just have Morgan make an appointment to get her hair done. I have been waiting and waiting to get my hair done because I didn't know where to go here in the city. I finally got a recommendation and made the appointment. I hopped on the Metro Friday afternoon to head to Bubbles Salon, and it started to pour. My hair looked cute when I left the salon, and then it was suddenly like that Friends episode where Monica is in the Caribbean and keeps yelling "It's the humidity!" when people ask what is going on with her hair.

For date night (yes, I am able to steal Geoff away for dinner now and again) Geoff and I decided to go out to dinner in Georgetown. We love trying new places and Geoff found some reviews for a tiny bar called Martin's Tavern. This restaurant has been around since 1933 and every president since Truman has dined there. Each booth has a story. Booth 3 is the most famous because this is where Kennedy proposed to Jackie. The place is extremely small but is always packed. In fact, if we hadn't read ahead of time that we needed a reservation, we would not have gotten in. We're not sure what booth we sat in, but it was fun anyway. It's kind of cool learning all about the city this way. As soon as we left the Tavern, the rain really started coming down. We were both in our rain jackets, and had an umbrella, and we were still completely soaked by the time we got home. It was quite the adventure, and the rain made everything look so pretty.

Even though it hasn't really felt like fall here, it still looks like it. As anyone who knows me knows, I love the fall colors more than anything. They have been so beautiful here. The picture to the right was taken in the courtyard of our apartment complex. Every day when I drive home from work, I am amazed at how gorgeous the colors are. It always makes me smile.

I'm sorry it's been a couple of weeks since our last post but Geoff has been working like crazy and has been typing on the computer constantly. He had his first paper due last Monday. He worked so hard on it, and today I get to brag about him. He got his graded paper back today, and he scored extremely high. He was so relieved and I was so happy for him. I guess he's learning, and that the non-stop studying is paying off a little. He has another paper due in a couple weeks so we'll see how this one goes. I am so proud of him. Doesn't he look so studious?

To keep myself busy while Geoff is studying, I've been cooking, cleaning, and cooking some more. The latest recipe that we fell in love with was a Cooking Light "Grilled Flatbreads with Tomato and Basil" recipe. They were delicious! They made us crave some fresh McGregor garden tomatoes. We'll definitely be making them again.

So, his hair is long, mine is dark, it finally rained, the leaves are pretty, he aced his first paper, and that is that. Love you all.

4 comments:

Sid said...

Um hi- finally a new post- Thanks for the cute birthday card! it was darling. you are very crafty Geoff, and i can't believe you made it with your busy schedule.(ha ha). Anyway, mo- send me the recipe for that delicious tomato recipe. hope all is well- see ya soon. I am getting really fat!

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

Sunny! Yo. Long time no talkey talk. I checked out your post through Sid's web page, so'll I'll be checking in often. Good to see you're making rockets while I make breastmilk! ha.

Jamie said...

Ummm hi!!! Congrats on the aced paper Mr. Geoff!! And Mo will you send me some of that yummy tomato basil things, I don't have time to cook! haha But really I believe the question on everyones mind is...Are you still eating off a cardboard box?? If so why haven't we seen the pictures of that awesome set up yet!! haha LOVE YOU!!! MUAH!

J.C. & Tiana said...

Morgan I think you need to have a rule when you get a recipe you like make sure you pass it on via post. That looks so good and it looks like you guys are having so much fun living in D.C.