What??? American plays basketball? Yes, go ahead and look really hard at the bracket, and notice that today at noon they will be in Birmingham playing those pesky Volunteers. Will there be an upset... sure, why not. For a team that has never made it to the tournament, this is big. If you thought crew and lacrosse were the go to American sports, you were wrong.On a side note, I have only attended two colleges, and both have had bird mascots... Swoop and Clawed Z. Eagle (please note the difficulty in even typing this cheesy name). You would think that an eagle would look way tougher, but that is not the case. While Swoop is tough and lovable, Clawed looks like the kid that nobody invites to hang out... you know the one that has his mom call your friends and ask why nobody ever calls him. I wonder why Clawed is so discouraged, even after the team had a successful season? Maybe because he has no pants? Really, I bet we could probably get 80% of the despair out of his eyes just by getting him a nice pair of basketball shorts, or some pleated slacks. I too would feel completely degraded if I was forced to leave my life in the high tree tops, and represent a normally pathetic mens' basketball team wearing nothing but a goofy tee shirt, and some mickey mouse shoes.
I am just saying.
1 comment:
Nothin like a geoff post to keep my spirits up. I don't even know what else to say. okay one more thing- you're crazy!
Post a Comment