
Geoff is finally on Spring Break! Although he is still incredibly busy working on a paper for the Law Review, we thought it would be nice to at least take a day to go do something fun. So, what would happen when I have a Friday off to enjoy the whole day with Geoff to explore and play in the city? Winter returned to the District and it poured rain all day. It was actually really nice though. We took a drive to the National Arboretum. We thought it would be a good idea because you can drive through the whole thing and just get out of the car if you want to

further explore. It was gorgeous. The rain made everything look so cool and, because it was raining, we were pretty much the only people there. Geoff loved the old Capitol Columns. It's pretty crazy seeing these old columns in the middle of nowhere. He made me follow him around with the umbrella covering him and his camera so he could get some cool black and white pictures. We'll post them as soon as we get them developed. I was able to snap a picture of him standing in the middle of the columns and no, he hasn't suddenly grown a potbelly, that's him trying to protect his camera under his rain jacket. We've decided we can't wait for a nice Spring day when Geoff has some free time to come back and have a picnic somewhere in the Arboretum. The place is giant and we think it would be fun to get out of the car and explore a little more.

After a couple hours exploring the Arboretum, we were craving a nice juicy burger. Off to Five Guys we went. This place is delicious. I forgot to order the "Little Burger" and thus, got a double patty hamburger. It was too big for me and I ended up wasting that extra patty, but it was delicious all the same. The order of fries is an entire brown bag filled with fries with this small cup thrown in the bag to help scoop them out. Geoff and I together do not even come close to finishing the cup alone. We love this place. Plus, who doesn't love being able to crack open some peanuts and throw the shells wherever you want?
At this point, we were officially soaked, so we headed home to get warm and watch a movie. We popped some popcorn and watched The Darjeeling Limited. It was as close to the perfect day as we could have gotten. Geoff will spend the rest of his Spring Break working hard on his paper and I'll be at work, but maybe I can talk him into going out one more time before he heads back to school. Hope you all are enjoying your Spring Breaks as much as we are. Loves.
3 comments:
Looks like a fun day. Wow, that's a big burger. It seems these days like everything in restaurants is five times bigger than you would imagine it being.
Sounds fun! That burger looks delicious! Maybe one day we will get back there and you can take us to all these fun places.
Hey Mo & Geoff,
Sounds like you guys had fun even in the rain! I'm glad you post pictures I love looking at them and seeing how you are doing.
Love,
Kiss
Post a Comment