Sunday, September 30, 2007

"He's taken off his shoes and one of his socks and... actually, I think he's crying."

I just saw the nicest pair of high top moccasins... they had old shoe buttons, beautiful green stain, and if the owner would just fill them with tissue paper they would probably get anywhere from 4-5 thousand dollars at auction.

I have been looking for really classy pencils to buy, just in case I am ever given a chance to guest host the Antiques Roadshow. I think that would be a dream come true, and I want to be prepared just in case I get the call. I will for sure need something to point to flaws in peoples 19th century garbage. Wow, that was a bit harsher language than I wanted to type, but since it is already on the page I will let it stand. I wonder if Mark Wahlberg was prepared when he got the call?

Speaking of The Italian Job... last week we made Eschtacsh's cinnamon rolls, and they were spectacular. It was just like movie night, except there was not a group of guys here hoping that a girl or two would show up, we didn't watch every feature of Zoolander, nor did we let the start up screen on the Drop Dead Gorgeous DVD play for hours on end. Come to think about it, it wasn't much like movie night except for the cinnamon rolls.

I swear, since moving to D.C. I have cooked more than ever before. Morgan is in heaven having a kitchen. It seems if I want to spend a little time with her, I have to spend a little time with the kitchen. It really is not too bad of a deal though, I am always in charge of licking the bowl... though this seems to be less of a privilege when we cook dinner, especially when it involves a bowl and garlic. I have heard that if you lick a stainless steel sink after eating garlic, your tongue no longer smells like garlic.

The last few weeks have been pretty normal. The weather was warm, Morgan designed rockets, and I read cases about people who were told by Batman that if they pushed the pedal down to the floor their car would dock with a space ship. I know you must be jealous, but that jealousy will surely disappear when finals come around. Lately I have been spending about 20 hours a week working on an office memorandum about a spite fence. If you don't know what a spite fence is... consider yourself lucky; if you do know what a spite fence is, you should really stop annoying your neighbor. (note: I chose the picture of George Clooney as Batman, because his suit is ridiculous, and I think that he is the only Batman that is capable of giving really bad advice.) (note about the note: I also have to add that I think that movie is really one of the worst movies made, I don't know if any of you can remember the scene where Batman slides down the fake dinosaur a la Fred Flinstone... it truly is one of those scenes you cannot get out of your mind, no matter how many other movies you see.)

We were lucky enough to be taken out to dinner two times this week, it was a dream come true. Sometimes people are too nice. Thank you to Brydger, James, Neal Gooch. It is really nice to see people from home, and get to act like we have a clue how to navigate the city.

Wow, how is this for blog length? I wonder if there is a world record for this kind of a thing. I have not had a current copy of the Guiness Book of World Records since the fifth grade and feel a little out of the loop on these things. If there is a record, I would like to make a new category so that I could hold a blogging record... maybe I could be the worlds longest blogger who has included more than one picture of George Clooney as Batman (see picture to the right.)

Apparently there is a senator in our ward. I will leave his name out of the post because I have yet to talk to him and ask if he wants to be featured on our blog, but get this: There is always a dark sedan in the parking lot that is running, and there are two armed guys in the lobby just in case. Pretty crazy entourage, almost beats mine... Morgan, Carl Weathers, and a city bus that is always ready to take me away at a moments notice (as long as it is scheduled, and on time.)

By the way, congratulations Marcus. We are so proud of your graduation, and are very excited to hear what your plans are for your shiny new elementary education degree. It is really neat that you are chasing your dreams. I know it was tough when you decided to abandon your home and family living degree at BYU and start the elementary ed. program at the U. I know it will be worth it.

Morgan has been enjoying the fall TV that just started out, though she hasn't been able to see too much of it yet. Apparently she is into Chuck, The Office was a delight, America's Next Top Model has a new crowd of odd looking women, and Brian Williams is really in top form on the Evening News. I just asked her and she said she is optimistic about Carpoolers... we will let you know how that goes next week.

Enjoy the week, call when bored. That is all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm doing it for the kids. They're so brave.
Marcus

Sid said...

you guys are freakin outa control- I think Geoff's personality/sarcasm has become "weirder" since you moved. Mo- get him out a little more will ya. And have fun designing rockets. "it's not rocket science... oh wait it is."